Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Arts Journal - Words

How To Write About Authoritarians Without Getting Arrested

Try mysteries, especially police procedurals. “The fiction author has to do what a journalist cannot. The novel isn’t just a work of fiction; it is ‘alternative facts.’ Readers expect novelists to tell them the stories that aren’t printed in newspapers; the ‘real’ saga they’ve heard about on WhatsApp.”

The Story Of A Child Prodigy Who Found Her Perfect Violin, And Then Had It Stolen

Min Kym: “I didn’t know who I was anymore, and I didn’t know what to do with myself. I felt as though I was just a sort of shell of a person. … You know, when it’s a human relationship, it’s something that everybody can relate to and understand. But I think as a violinist, as a musician, as an artist, when you know the relationship that you have with your particular art, it’s something that lives inside you and has a life of its own.”

No comments: