Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Janet Evanovich Signs with Ballantine Bantam Dell
By Jason Boog on GalleyCat,  Jul 26, 2010
Earlier this month, novelist Janet Evanovich left St. Martin's Press after 15 years--reportedly after the publisher turned down a request for $50 million for four books.

Today Random House Publishing Group acquired the worldwide hardcover, paperback, audio, and e-book rights for four new novels by Evanovich. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The first book is set for mid-2011, published by Ballantine Bantam Dell. The deal was negotiated by Peter Evanovich, the novelist's agent and son. Ballantine Bantam Dell EIC Jennifer Hershey acquired the books. Evanovich has written 33 novels and sold more than 75 million copies.

Evanovich had this statement: "I started my career as a Bantam author, and I'm very excited to be returning. Their sales, distribution, and marketing make them the perfect partner for me and my work. Load up the U-Haul; break out the pizza and the beer -- it's moving day for Stephanie, Joe, Ranger, Diesel and me!"

No comments: