Friday, May 25, 2007




TWO MORE BOOK PURCHASES AT THE FESTIVAL




Fragrant Rice Janet De Neefe
Harper Perennial NZ$25




We are going to hear Janet De Neef speak on Sunday morning with Julie le Clerc, Sarah-Kate Lynch and Lauraine Jacobs in a session with the intriguing title Buy champagne, pour tea, cook rice, write bestseller...tick.



Janet De Neve comes from the beautiful city of Ubud in Bali and two year ago when we were there on holiday we tried to get into Janet's cooking school but the the classes were all booked out. Oh well, at least we will get to see her and hear her this time.


If my memory serves me right Janet also runs a readers and writers festival in Ubud. I must get the details!






And I succumbed to another Tim Winton, this time his latest which is a collection of short stories, The Turning, (Picador $28), one of which he read on stage last evening. Brilliant.


My monthly book budget is cut!

No comments: